Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My 2014 Horror Challenge

I mentioned my reading challenges for 2014 which is now here. I had everything written out but I had to go back to my group from goodreads.com, Horror Aficionados, to get the top 10 list.

I am going to list it here. Again if you are a horror fan and think one of these books does not belong, or if you think this list is accurate I would love to know. Of course in the group there were a lot of additions. But that was in the comments section and the list is still the same as it was back in September.

THE TEN MOST DISTURBING BOOKS OF ALL TIME - Challenge

10. Blindness by by José Saramago, Giovanni Pontiero (Translator)
9. Requiem for a Dream (Screenplay) by Darren Aronofsky, Hubert Selby Jr. (note: I thought this was the original which I hear is much better than the movie adaption in book format. I will investigate)
8. Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs, James Grauerholz (Editor), Barry Miles (Editor)
7. We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver
6. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
5. American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
4. Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo
3. The 120 Days of Sodom by Marquis de Sade
2. The Turner Diaries: A Novel by Andrew MacDonald, William Luther Pierce
1. The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum

I love this list. The covers were good. I have only heard of Requiem For A Dream because of the movie and Naked Lunch. So I cannot wait to dig in!


No comments:

Post a Comment